Jesus, You Take Over (Part 2) – A Spiritual Reflection
Jesus, You take over!
A prayer of the Servant of God, Fr. Dolindo Ruotolo
Last week I introduced you to Father (“Don”) Dolindo Ruotolo. “Don Dolindo” was a prolific writer and spiritual guide. I featured the beginning of his “Jesus You Take Over” prayer, which concludes this week below:
Pray as I taught you in the Our Father:
- “Hallowed be your name” which means, “May You be glorified in this need of mine.”
- “Your kingdom come” which means, “Everything may work toward Your Kingdom in us and in the world.”
- “Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” which means, “You direct it as it seems best to You for the good of my eternal and temporal life.”
When you truly tell me: Your will be done, which is the same then to say: Jesus, You take over, then I do intervene with all My omnipotence and I will resolve every situation, even if there is no way out. For example, do you see your sickness becoming worse instead of improving? Don’t become anxious, close your eyes and tell Me with trust: “Your will be done, Jesus, You take over.” I do take care, I intervene like a doctor and even do a miracle if it is necessary. Does a patient become worse? Don’t be frightened, close your eyes and say: “Jesus, You take over.” I tell you again: I will indeed do it for you and there is no medicine more powerful than my loving intervention. I take over only when you close your eyes.
You never sleep, you want to appraise everything, to think, to delve into everything. You choose to rely on human power, or, worse, on men, trusting in their intervention. This is what hampers My words and My will. Oh how much I long for this reliance in order to assist you, and how much I grieve to see your anxiety. Satan does just this: he gives you anxiety to remove Me from you and throw you into human initiative.
Trust only in Me instead. Rest in Me, rely on Me in everything.
I do miracles in proportion to your complete reliance on Me with no thought of yourself. I spread treasures of graces when you are in the most squalid poverty. If you have your own resources, even a few, or if you seek them, you are at the natural level, thus you follow the natural way of things, which often are dominated by Satan. Never a thinker or a philosopher has performed any miracle, not even among the Saints; only he who relies on God does divine work.
When you see that things become complicated, say with your eyes closed: “Jesus, I abandon myself to You; Jesus, You take over,” and stop worrying about it, because your mind is too sharp and for you it is difficult to distinguish evil. But trust in Me, and let your mind wander away from your thoughts. Do this for all your needs; all of you, do this, and you shall see great things, endless and silent miracles. I swear it on My Love. I shall indeed take over, you can be sure of it. Pray always with this loving confidence and you shall have great peace and great fruits, even when I choose for you the grace of immolating yourself for reparation and the love that entails suffering. Do you believe it is impossible? Shut your eyes and say with all your soul: Jesus, You take over. Don’t be afraid, I indeed will take care of you, and you shall bless My Name, in humility. A thousand prayers do not equal only one act of abandonment; don’t ever forget it. There is no better novena than this: “Oh Jesus I abandon myself to You, Jesus, You take over.”
The Rosary of Abandonment
God come to my assistance – Lord make haste to help me.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit –
As is was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen
Say one Our Father.
Say one Hail Mary.
- 1st Decade: Say “Jesus, You take over!” 10 times (on the beads of the Hail Mary). Finish with one “Glory be…”
- 2nd Decade: Say, “Mother Mary, guide me” 10 times (on the beads of the Hail Mary). Finish with one “Glory be…”
- 3rd Decade: Say, “Jesus you take over!” 10 times (on the beads of the Hail Mary). Finish with one “Glory be…”
- 4th Decade: Say, “Mother Mary, guide me” 10 times (on the beads of the Hail Mary). Finish with one “Glory be…”
- 5th Decade: Say, “Jesus, you take over!” 10 times (on the beads of the Hail Mary ). Finish with one “Glory be…”
Conclude with the “Hail Holy Queen.”