SATURDAY January 23 @ 12:00 Noon
The 5:00 pm Saturday Vigil MASS IS CANCELLED.
Just look out of your window.
Bishop Paul Loverde (Arlington) said that Catholics in the diocese aren’t obligated to attend Mass this Sunday as usual because of serious concerns about travel conditions. The Archdiocese Washington reminded people Friday that dangerous travel conditions are a legitimate excuse from fulfilling their Sunday Mass obligation. Both encourage Catholics who can’t safely attend Mass to watch a televised Mass.
The Governor of Delaware, Jack Markell, has declared a “Level 2” emergency for road travel. This means that ONLY emergency and essential vehicles are permitted on the roads. The PA Turnpike has experienced major traffic jams and hazardous conditions
Doyle and McDonnell (who do the plow and salting service for St. Monica Parish) called me this morning and said that driving conditions on local roads are trecherous.
WHAT ABOUT TOMORROW, SUNDAY?
- The Archdiocese of Philadelphia has provided guidelines concerning attending Mass here.
- Doyle and McDonnell will plow and salt the parking lot, entrances and sidewalks early tomorrow morning.
- I shall have the church open and will say Mass for anyone who comes. No music will be provided.
- However, driving and walking conditions will potentially remain dicey – even dangerous! I know that some people say, “But Father, I always attend Mass and not doing so is breaking the 3rd Commandment.” Ok, but putting yourself in harm’s way and risking bodily injury is breaking the 5th Commandment. PLEASE DO NOT BE FOOLISH, if the weather is bad and road conditions poor, stay home!
- I shall continue to update people via my Twitter Feed (@frzlock), via my webpage (FrZlock.com), Facebook page as well as via the St. Monica Webpage (SaintMonicachurch.org) as well as the St. Monica Twitter feed and Facebook page.
Please inform any other parishioners about these updates. Thank you.
SATURDAY January 23 @ 9:00 AM
I shall made a decision whether or not 5:00 PM Vigil Mass is cancelled or not BY 12:00 NOON TODAY.
FRIDAY January 22 @ 9:00 PM
The 8:30 am Daily Mass on Saturday Morning is cancelled. Stay tuned for information concerning the 5 pm Mass…. fb.me/2cslt7yRa